Seedcamp has announced the 20 teams that have been accepted to Seecamp Week Berlin, its week-long event that it announced earlier this year, which will provide selected teams with access to a world-class network of mentors, including investors from Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, Balderton Capital, BDMI, Earlybird, DFJ Esprit and T-Venture. The event, hosted by BDMI, The Wyre & The Factory, includes startups from all over Europe & Israel, including 7 teams who had previously attended one of several “mini-seedcamp” events – one-day events where participating teams can get feedback on their startup from a local network of mentors.
These Seedcamp events are particularly important for investors, as they are usually a preliminary step towards getting accepted into the Seedcamp accelerator, which, among other advantages, provides startups with a US tour (New York, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) meeting investors & Seecamp’s US mentor network, which has resulted in 80 startups raising a total of 80M€ since its launch. Last December, we covered Seedcamp Paris, which saw 3 startups receive investment following the event. Seedcamp’s network is notably engaged in the European community, and, while none of the Seedcamp Berlin startups are based in France, it is certainly a good way to keep an eye on the most promising of European Startups, as Seedcamp is, to date, the only accelerator that can really claim to attract the top European startups (especially those with their eyes on the US market).
Without further ado, a quick elevator pitch for each of the 20 startups accepted:
- Alibi, London, UK – The camera app without a lens. Alibi captures photos being taken around you without leaving your pocket.
- Concierge.io, Stockholm, Sweden – Through smartphone services we enable hotels to capture revenue from guests when outside the hotel.
- Countly, Istanbul, Turkey – Real-time analytics for mobile applications.
- Eagle iLibrary, London, UK – An elibrary for lawyers.
- FishBrain, Stockholm, Sweden – FishBrain helps anglers at all levels catch more and bigger fish and brag about it.
- GrapheneDB, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain – GrapheneDB is a managed hosting solution for the Neo4j graph database.
- Imersivo, Barcelona, Spain – We connect online shopping with offline retail stores, making shopping contextual, social, engaging and fun.
- Lovetrack, Vilnius, Lithuania – Lovetrack app makes bicycle rides visible and lets you share magical cycling experience with people.
- Petcube, Kyiv, Ukraine – Petcube is a gadget to watch and play with your pet from anywhere using smartphone.
- Rocketinternships, Berlin, Germany – The first community marketplace for international internships at startups and small companies.
- Satago, London, UK / Berlin, Germany – Crowd-sourced payment behaviour reports to help SMEs and freelancers mitigate late payers.
- Sezion, Madrid, Spain – Collaborative videos made easy. The easiest way to make amazing music videos with other people.
- Shopnfly, Tel Aviv, Israel – Shopping platform for global travelers
- SmartWard, London, UK – SmartWard is a ward management app that reduces human error in hospitals.
- Stamplay, London, UK / Rome, Italy – Faster, safer, affordable web development for designers. No coding skills required.
- Synkio, London / Los Angeles – The global marketplace for licensing music and audio.
- Teamvibes, Vienna, Austria – Teamvibes is a group messaging tool that makes off-site field teams more agile and productive.
- TruckTrack, Belgrade, Serbia – The first modern SaaS solution for trucking businesses, a huge, underserved industry.
- Unioncy , London, UK – Unioncy is a social platform to manage things you own and things you discover online.
- zeitraum, Berlin, Germany – Your one button to combat information overload and digital temptation.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.