Rebuilding shattered lives
The rise of the volunteer network
Five key areas to help refugees
- Infrastructure – Providing connectivity and internet access to refugees in refugees camps, while on the move or when they settle in host communities.
- Education – Providing access to learning such as language courses, technical courses and school education via technology.
- Identity – Few refugees had the time to retrieve important documents such as passports, degrees, ID, papers or medical histories before they made their escape. Techfugees aims to provide a digital place to store this information as it becomes available.
- Health – Technfugees provides access to technological innovation for essential and/or specialised care for a range of illnesses or injuries, for example apps to provide mental health advice.
- Inclusion – Facilitating the social, cultural and economic inclusion of refugees into host communities via technological solutions, for example banking, social media and entrepreneurship.
The Elpis Project: the power of the smartphone
Tool of integration
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.