SXSW will hold its 6th annual pitch event at their renowned music, film and interactive/digital mega-conference coming up on March 8-9. Out of the approximately 500 early-stage startups that will apply, 48 will be selected to pitch on the first day at the SXSW Startup Village in front of live audience and a panel of three judges and co-emcees. From there,18 finalists will be selected to present to a new set of co-emcees and judges on Sunday and winners will be honored later that evening at the first ever SXSW Accelerator Awards.
Although the pitch event will be highly competitive, SXSW actual crowns multiple winners as there will be an award for each of the following six categories: Enterprise and Big Data, Entertainment and Content Technologies, Health Technologies, Social Technologies, Wearable Technologies, and Innovative World Technologies (essentially where your startup fits if it doesn’t fall into any of the other categories!).
If you’d like apply, make sure your startup meets the following guidelines:
- Your product or service must have launched no earlier than March 15, 2013.
- Your product or service must not be launched after June 15, 2014.
- You’re allowed to submit only one product or service to the SXSW Accelerator event.
- Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
- Your startup must not have raised over five million in funds from combined funding sources.
- Your product or service must fall within one of the SXSW Accelerator pitch event categories.
Also, although there is a $200, non-refundable application fee to apply, all entrants will be given the chance to register to attend SXSW Interactive at the lowest early bird rate if you are not chosen as an SXSW Interactive Accelerator pitch event finalist. There are loads of other great parts of SXSW geared to startups, including SXSW Startup Village, SXSW Film Startup Alley, SXSW Music Startup Village and SXSW LAUNCHedu, so well-worth the ticket price.
This is a golden opportunity to get visibility and recognition at one of the biggest tech, innovation and entertainment events of the year, so if your startup meets the above criteria, apply here before November 8th!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.