Let’s face it: France is a pretty enviable place to live and work. Working in Silicon Valley might be good for meeting VCs, but your office is probably in some anonymous office park located among mind-numbingly boring suburban sprawl. But here you might be in a regal Hausmann building along the Seine, or in a chateau in the Loire Valley, or in a chalet in the Alps, or overlooking the Mediterranean… you get the picture.
An office is central to a company’s culture. It’s rumored that Airbnb sends “culture kits,” complete with decorations, to promote the company culture in new offices around the world. Google, Apple, and Microsoft all started in garages, so we want to see your garage — or cave, or attic, or bunker. We’re not looking for a chic office on the Champs Elysées but a real startup office with character.
Here’s the deal:
- Take a picture of your office and post it to our Facebook wall
- Caption the photo with your company’s name and location
- “Like” your favorite office photos
- Then, guided by the number of “likes”, we’ll choose one company to contact and ask for more photos
- Every week we’ll feature one of France’s coolest offices, along with a short Q&A with that startup
The only rule is you have to be either a startup or an incubator/accelerator/coworking space. We’ll make the final call on eligibility.
So, grab your camera app and make us all jealous of where you hustle and hack!